Tropical Chocolate Frosting
In Baker’s Percent: (%)
- Powdered Sugar – 51.8
- Water – 13.2
- Cavamax W6 by WACKER – 2.7
- Vegetable Oil – 11.1
- High Fructose Corn Syrup – 2.7
- Dark Chocolate (melted) – 17.9
- Vinegar – 0.2
- SOR-Mate Natural Preservative by J&K Ingredients – 0.4
- Add water to a saucepan together with Cavamax and half the powdered sugar.
- Heat and stir with a whisk to target (140 – 150°F).
- Pour it into the mixing bowl and add in the oil, corn syrup, melted chocolate, vinegar and SOR-Mate.
- Whip on high for 1 min, then scrape down the sides. Continue to whip for 2 more minutes.
- Add the second portion of the powdered sugar. Whip on low for 30 sec, scrap down, then whip on high for 2 mins.