Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- ⅔ C Brown Sugar
- ¼ C Butter
- 20 oz Pineapple slices
- ¼ C Maraschino cherries
- ⅓ C Butter
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼ C Pineapple Juice (from the can)
- ½ C Milk
- 1⅓ C All purpose flour
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In 9-inch square pan, melt butter in oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar.
- Place a cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Then beat on high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour the batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn the plate and pan over.
- Leave the pan over the cake a few minutes so that the brown sugar mixture can drizzle over the cake; remove pan.
- Serve warm. Store cake loosely covered.