What’s your favorite event for the baking industry? If you don’t attend any expos or conventions, you really should start to. Or you’ll miss out on new innovations, valuable connections and informative sessions.
Today, we get a special behind-the-scenes look at two of my favorite baking shows: IBIE and BakingTech.
First up Jorge Zarate and Kerwin Brown from the International Baking Industry Exposition (IBIE). This century-old show only comes around every there years, but it’s worth the wait. It’s the largest show in North America focused on baking, creating a space for all the different segments of the industry to come together. Suppliers, equipment producers, and bakers from different sectors get to make contacts, find solutions, and walk away with what they need to make their company successful.
What do you have to look forward to for IBIE 2019?
Jorge and Kerwin share some new features and what they’re excited for:
- All the new innovations, as many companies use IBIE as a launch point
- The artisan marketplace with chances to interact with bread and experts
- The RBA Bakers Center to check out demos, technology, celebrity chefs and more
- A whole day focused on education
- A focus on the floor of automation, robotics, mechanics, efficiency, good safety, and clean label
Last time IBIE sold out, so make sure to reserve your spot today. Learn more.
Also on this episode is Kent Van Amburg, Executive Director of the American Society of Baking (ASB), with a fresh take on BakingTECH 2019. In case you didn’t make it this year, he shares a few highlights of the show.
There was a lot of buzz around the future of food, and the disruptive forces at work. What will the baking and food industry look like in a few years, and what changes need to start happening now? Kent and Lin weigh in. They also discuss:
- Award and contest winners at BakingTECH 2019
- What the theme of next year’s show will be
- How to get stay involved the rest of the year with webinars by ASB
Check out ASB’s webinars here.