Aaron Clanton from AIB International and Jacinthe Cote from Lallemand, our podcast experts on fermentation, get into the weeds with fermentation. Jacinthe discusses Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the common Baker’s yeast, how its made at Lallemand, and how they preserve it till bakers get their hands on it.
Then we go into fermentation questions posed to us from LinkedIn:
- How do you work with low sugar bread?
- How does time and temperature have an effect on cracker dough?
- Why does retarded pizza dough have blisters?
- How do you multiply a biga for croissant?
- What is the key factor to obtaining a good fermentation for gluten-free recipe?
This episode is brought to you by Lallemand. Their new Instaferm® VitaD® Premix lets you enhance vitamin D in your baked product. Contact [email protected] to request a sample today. Now, go grab a beer or some other fermented beverage and get smart on how to control fermentation at your end!