Raisin Bran Muffin
- ½ C Butter (softened)
- ⅔ C Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- ¼ C Water
- ⅔ C Wheat bran
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Cream of tartar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 C Whole wheat flour
- 4 Tbsp Cultured buttermilk powder
- 1 C Raisins
- Preset the oven to 400oF. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin cups.
- In a bowl, dry blend together all the dry ingredients (except for the raisin).
- In the mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Scrap down the bowl, and whip the mixture till fluffy.
- Gradually add in the egg and the water. Scrap down the sides again and mix till there are no lumps.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients till the batter stiffens up.
- When the flour is all blended in, add in the raisins and mix for another 1 min.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven for 18- 20 minutes.
- It can be removed from the oven when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 20 mins before serving.
- This muffin will stale a little faster due to it’s lower fat and sugar content. It would keep better in the freezer.