BAKERpedia is a nurturing environment that allows us to trailblaze, provide value and achieve profitability by focusing on our long-term vision while having fun. We are committed to providing an open and honest workplace to have the autonomy to excel. We are competitive but humble, and we are working towards creating efficient systems to reach our goals. BAKERpedia is focused on our vision to be the fundamental and scientific resource in the global baking industry.
Today, as the world’s only FREE and comprehensive online technical resource for the commercial baking industry, BAKERpedia is used by commercial bakers, ingredient sellers, equipment suppliers and baking entrepreneurs who have easy access to the answers they need to make informed decisions daily. Dr. Lin Carson launched BAKERpedia with the ultimate aim of strengthening the entire baking ecosystem, allowing ideas to thrive, improving efficiencies and encouraging opportunities for growth.
This position plays a key role in creating and developing opportunities for new business by generating qualified leads for BAKERpedia. In addition to lead generation and business development, the account executive is responsible for closing on proposals and updating the CRM database with information gathered with every prospect contact. Lead development responsibilities require significant tele-prospecting in a business to business environment and use of internet/internal database resources to identify and profile new customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cultivate a new client base through networking, cold calling, concisely written emails, and referral business.
- The account executive responsibilities are to contact medium sized businesses and present products and services such as: sponsorships packages and other media opportunities.
- Develop and nurture relationships with prospective customers to understand business needs, and keeping in touch with them to create a ‘warm lead’ funnel.
- Update our database based on each contact in order to provide visibility to market development opportunities.
- Provide market feedback to the management team to optimize positioning of offerings.
- Assisting sponsorship renewals
- Cross reference various trade publications to further develop the sales and marketing database.
- Research potential new prospects using LinkedIn and other web sources.
- Develop and communicate ongoing improvements to the process of prospecting for and qualifying leads.
- Assist as needed on various marketing projects.
- Trade show assistance
- Strong and articulate telephone personality and the ability to create rapport.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, business-to-business phone communication skills (e.g., telemarketing, telesales, etc.).
- Must be self-motivated and able to self-manage personal time/tasks.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and presentation skills are a must.
- An individual who is focused on monthly/yearly goals and has a “whatever it takes” attitude towards exceeding those goals
- Travel to attend trade shows to prospect new customers. Two to three times a year.
- Must be proficient in word documents and spreadsheets.
- Must learn to use platforms like Slack, Pipedrive (CRM), and Proposify
- Must have a strong and active presence on LinkedIn
- Full time position with 40 hrs/week in office
- Base salary plus commissions
- Internet and cell phone allowance
- Advancement opportunities
- 1 week paid vacation
- Entertainment allowance upon approval
- Warrants (stock options) on vested schedule
Send all inquiries to [email protected]