- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- ½ Cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2 Cup All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Buttermilk powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1½ Cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon sugar
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400oF. Line your baking sheet with a silicon pad.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar with a paddle in the mixer till light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla, pumpkin puree, milk and molasses gradually.
- Then gradually add in the beaten egg.
- In a mixing bowl, place the flour, buttermilk, baking powder, salt, spices and blend well.
- Add this to the rest of the ingredients and beat until the batter is lump free.
- Place the dough onto a sheet of wax paper and chill it in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll it out.
- Cut it into triangular pieces.
- Place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool In a bowl, mix the sugar, pumpkin puree, and spices.
- Spread this over the cooled scones.
- Leave to set for about an hour.
- Serve when the glaze hardens over.