- 3 Eggs
- 1 C Sugar
- ⅔ C Pumpkin puree
- ¾ C All purpose flour
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 C Chopped pecans
- 1 C Powdered sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Butter (soft)
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350oF (175oC). Grease a jellyroll pan and line with wax paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for five minutes.
- Gradually add white sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and ginger.
- Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle pecans and press them lightly into the batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Remove pan from the oven, loosen the edges and roll the cake up in the wax paper.
- Cool for an hour. Mix powdered sugar, vanilla, butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Unroll pumpkin cake and carefully peel off the wax paper.
- Lay the cake back onto the wax paper and spread with filling. Reroll tightly and twist ends of waxed paper like a piece of candy.
- Place the pumpkin roll in the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Before slicing, dust with powdered sugar.