- 1 C All purpose flour
- 1 C Whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground ginger
- ¼ tsp Ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp Ground nutmeg
- ¾ C Brown sugar
- ¾ C Canola oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ C Low fat buttermilk
- 225 g (8 oz) Cream cheese (softened)
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ C Sugar
- Preheat oven to 190oF (375o F).
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose, whole wheat flour,baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
- In another bowl whisk the sugar, oil and eggs until combined.
- Whisk in the pumpkin and vanilla.
- Then add in the flour mixture gradually.
- Whisk until well combined.
- For the filling, mix the cream cheese, vanilla and ½ C sugar till well blended.
- Pour the batter halfway into the prepared muffin cup, scope in a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture, and top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of a muffin.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes, then unmold.