In Baker’s Percent: (%)
- HW whole wheat flour – 70%
- Water – 49%
- HW whole wheat flour – 30%
- Active dry yeast – 0.3%
- Salt – 1%
- Water – 21%
- Add all the sponge ingredients to the spiral mixer and mix on speed 1 until combined.
- Ferment overnight (12 – 18 hours) at room temperature.
- Add all the sponge and remaining ingredients to the spiral mixer; mix for 2 min. at 1st speed and 5 min. at the 2nd speed. Finish with an addition 2 min. at 1st speed. Temperature of the dough after mixing: 29-30C (84-86F).
- Place the dough in a slightly greased bowl and ferment it for 90 minutes at 30-31C and 80% RH, or cover it with a wet cloth and ferment at room temperature for 120 min.
- Divide the dough into 275 g pieces.
- Round into balls and place onto a parchment paper tray.
- Proof the dough balls for 60 min. at 30-31C and 80% RH.
- Sheet the dough on the Rondo sheeter until desired diameter is achieved.
- Dock the dough sheet.
- Proof the dough sheet for 5 min. at room temperature.
- Top with pizza toppings and bake in 525F hearth oven for approx. 10 minutes until desired color.
- Cool on a metal rack for 5 min.