Edibles Mint Sandwich Cookies
- Shortening – 220 g
- Sugar – 220 g
- Salt – 15 g
- Eggs – 110 g
- AP flour – 300 g
- Alkalized cocoa powder – 93.75 g
- Baking soda – 3 g
- SOR-Mate by J&K Ingredients – 0.75 g
- Shortening – 56.5 g
- Powdered sugar – 131 g
- Peppermint – 2.5 g
- Sunflower Lecithin – 1.25 g
- Green coloring
- SOR-Mate – 0.5 g
- THC oil, Indica 9.5 mg/mL – 6.38 mL
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, sugar and salt, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs until fully incorporated.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and SOR-Mate into the mix. Blend well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix together until combined.
- Turn the dough out onto your surface and roll it out.
- To roll out the dough to ¼-inch (½ cm) thickness.
- Using a small round cookie cutter, cut the dough into individual rounds and place on a large parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving at least ½-inch (1¼ cm) between each cookie. Pack together and re-roll out any scraps to cut additional cookies. Repeat with this process with each remaining ¼ of the dough. Make sure there are 48 discs.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Beat together until light and fluffy.
- Pipe 8 g onto a cookie disc and press the other disc on top to make a sandwich cookie.
Yields 2 doz sandwich cookies with 1.25 mg per cookie. Shelf stable for 30 days