Fruit & Nut Scone
- ½ C Butter (soften)
- ¾ C Sugar
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¼C Milk
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 C All purpose flour
- ½ C Currants
- ½ C Nuts
- Set the oven to 400oF. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Blend the baking powder, salt, and flour in a separate bowl.
- Cream the butter with the sugar in the mixer.
- Gradually add in the beaten egg, vanilla, milk and beat on high.
- Add in the flour and mix it into the batter on low till it forms a stiff dough.
- Drop it on the cookie sheet with an ice cream scoop, and bake it in the oven for 18- 20 mins.
- Cool for 30 minutes on a cooling rack and store it in a container for up to a week.