Chocolate Chip Cookie
- ½ C Sugar
- ¾ C Brown sugar (packed)
- 1 C Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 C All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 12 oz Chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 350oF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Low speed for one minute then high speed for one minute.
- Reduce the speed to low and gradually add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- When well mixed, add in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Continue to mix on medium speed for about 30 sec until the dough is completely mixed.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix for another minute.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place the cookies approximately 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on the baking rack for about 10 minutes before consuming.
I am a micro seller of cookies, packed in plastic containers, can i use Potassium sorbate 1gm, Sodium benzoate 1gm for 1 kg of dough please?
Hi Ravindar, if you post your question in the BAKERpedia Baking Industry Professionals group, our team and community can share some suggestions.
Can anyone tell me why cookies spread more when batch size gets multiplied? All ingredients and ingredient temperature are kept the same as is the mixing method.
Hi Jimmy, good question! If you post in BAKERpedia’s Baking Industry Professionals Facebook Group, our team and community can offer advice.