CBD Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies
A chocolate and hazelnut cookie with a frosting filling, that includes 30mg of CBD per cookie.
- Cook time: 12 mins
- Shelf life: 30 days
- Yield: 10 cookies
In grams (weighed)
- All purpose flour: 75 g
- Hazelnut flour: 75 g
- Baking powder: 4.5 g
- Salt: 1.5 g
- Shortening: 80 g
- Sugar: 120 g
- Egg: 20 g
- Vanilla extract: 2.5 g
- Chocolate 72% cocoa (melted): 35 g
- SOR-Mate*: 0.25 g
- Shortening: 14.9 g
- Hazelnut flour: 14.9 g
- Powdered sugar: 29.7 g
- Vanilla: 0.3 g
- SOR-Mate*: 0.2 g
- Sunflower Lecithin: 0.4 g
- Chocolate 72% cocoa (melted): 29.7 g
- CBD 200 mg/g***: 1.5 g
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a small bowl, mix together hazelnut flour, baking powder, SOR-Mate and salt; set aside.
- With a paddle cream together shortening and sugar.
- Gradually add in the egg and vanilla until combined. Add in the melted chocolate and mix for another minute.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until just blended.
- Roll out dough and cut with a 1” diameter cookie cutter to make 20 thin cookies.
- Bake 12 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned on the edges and still soft in center.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a paddle, cream the shortening, powdered sugar, hazelnut flour, vanilla, SOR-Mate, lecithin, chocolate and Hemp Broad till it is fully mixed.
- Measure out the total weight of the filling into a piping bag. Divide this weight into 10.
- Pipe this weight (8 to 9g) consistently onto 10 cookies, by placing each cookie onto the weigh scale. Pair up cookies to their respective size partners, and sandwich the filling evenly
- Yields 10 sandwich cookies at 30mg CBD per cookie