- 1 C butter
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 C Carrots (shredded)
- 1 C Walnut
- 1½ tsp Nutmeg
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2½C Cake flour
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 C confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350oF. Grease a 9” cake pan.
- Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together.
- Gradually add in the eggs, while beating.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly fold in this flour mixture. Pour it out into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 70 mins, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before frosting.
- Slice the cake into a equal horizontal half.
- Place all the frosting ingredients in a bowl and whip it up. Use the frosting immediately.
- Frost the bottom layer, place the next layer on top and front the top and the sides.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- After frosting, leave it in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.