Caramel Apple Bars
- ¾ C Butter
- 1⅓ C All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Caramel
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- ½ C Cream
- ½ C Sugar
- ¼ C Cornstarch
- 3 Eggs
- 1 C Apple slices (about 1½ apple)
- ½ C Alma
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- Rub the butter into the flour till crumbly.
- Add in the caramel and milk to form a dough.
- Press it into a greased 7” x 12” pan. Use a fork to dock the dough.
- This prevents build up of air pockets in the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, cream, sugar and cornstarch.
- Add in the eggs one by one. Mix till smooth.
- Remove the crust from the oven and pour this mixture over the crust.
- Place the apple slices on top.
- With a back and forth motion, pour the ½ C of Alma’s salted caramel over the top from the left to the right. Line the sidewalls with caramel as this would give it a delightful crunch.
- Place it in the oven for 1 hour.
- Insert a toothpick to determine if it is done. When the toothpick comes out clean, it should be taken out of the oven.
- Cool it at room temperature for 1 hr before storing it in the refrigerator.
- It should be served chilled.