Use nature to bake things right! That’s right, I’m talking about those proteins that offer the solutions the baking industry needs: enzymes! And we cover your LinkedIn questions! To help with the answers we have with us Matt Patrick, head of Research and Development for Delavau Food Partners.
Matt and his team spend their days using a variety of materials in the food and ingredient industry to formulate solutions for the baking industry. Lots of those solutions are enzymes—from extending shelf life to cleaning up labels, and just about everything in-between!
A few of the enzyme questions he answers are:
- What exactly are enzymes and how do they work?
- How do you know if the enzyme did it’s job, and is then deactivated?
- What enzymes can boost volume? Relax dough?
- What solutions can we look to replace emulsifiers?
- Can enzymes help low-sugar doughs?
We really dig into the science of enzymes, and what’s happening on a molecular level. Enzymes are a natural protein that do very specific tasks by acting on starches or gluten.
Hopefully after listening to this podcast, any fears you have about using enzymes will be gone! Then, you can enjoy all the natural benefits they offer!
Leave A Comment