Red Velvet Cake
Red Velvet Cake
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 120g
- Calories: 520
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 17g
- Sugar: 48g
- Sodium: 190mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Chol: 95mg
Smooth, sweet and velvety. This awesome tasting red velvet cake seem to just melt in your mouth. This recipe can be used for one 9" cake or 12 cupcakes.
- 3 Sticks Butter (12oz)
- 2 C Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ tsp Red food coloring
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2½ C Cake flour
- ⅓ C Cocoa powder (not alkalized)
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3 C confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350oF. Grease a 9” pan.
- Cream the butter, vanilla and sugar together. Gradually add in the eggs and red food coloring, while beating.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly fold in this flour mixture. Until it is all blended in.
- Grease a 9" cake pan. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 60 mins, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before frosting.
- Line the muffin tin with muffin cups. Pour the batter into the cups till ¾ full.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on cooling rack for at least 30 minutes before frosting.
- Place all the frosting ingredients in a bowl and whip it up. Use the frosting immediately.
- Cake: Frost the bottom layer, place the next layer on top and front the top and the sides. Sprinkle with the remaining cake crumbs found in the cake tin.
- Cupcake: Place frosting into a piping bag with a flower tip. Pipe a big swirl on top of the cupcake and sprinkle with cocoa powder and red sprinkles.
- After frosting, leave it in the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
Ingredient statement: Butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, cake flour, cream cheese, eggs cocoa powder, red food color, vanilla extract, baking powder, salt.
Contains: Wheat, milk, eggs