Who should attend?
- QA Supervisors/Managers
- Technical Support Personnel
- Research & Development Personnel
- Anyone problem solving in a bakery production setting
I. 8-9 am: Flour quality considerations
II. 9-12 p.m. Hands on workshop to mix artisan style multigrain bread
- Fermentation systems as a solution
- Large scale production of Multigrain bread
- Baguette, batards, sprouted and multigrain loafs
III. 12-1 pm: Working lunch (Sponsored by Middleby Bakery Group)
IV. 1-2 pm: Final processing of bread/Bake-off
V. 2-4 pm: Multigrain bread process overview
- Ingredient functionality of fiber, sprouts, whole wheat flour, enzymes, e.t.c….
- Effect of high fiber on dough rheology and volume
- Starch and fiber updates
- Ingredient, equipment and best practices for shelf life extensions
VI. 4-5 pm: Q&A Roundtable and Evaluation of Bread
*Schedule subject to changes
Lin Carson, PhD
The inability to get technical questions solved on the internet has led Dr. Lin Carson, CEO of BAKERpedia, to her goal of building the world’s biggest baking encyclopedia. Dr. Carson is a bakery expert and a regular speaker within the commercial baking industry. A graduate of Kansas State University and Ohio State University, Dr. Carson has over 20 years in the baking and food industry, building technical service teams and programs. With past experiences at Wendy’s Int’l and Dave’s Killer Bread, Dr. Carson is now helping commercial bakers across the world streamline their quality processes to minimize waste and increase efficiencies.
Held at the
Middleby Innovation Center
808 Stewart Avenue | Plano, TX 75074