Brought to you by Delavau Bakery Partners and Lesaffre
Organic bread is in high demand right now, and that means organic dough. As bakeries rush to keep up with growing demand, they must also find organic solutions for dough improvement.
As the numbers show, it’s worth the effort. Over the last two decades, the sale of organic food has been consistently climbing to reach $452 billion in sales in 2017. The bakery sector has been following the trend. Organic fresh packaged bread sales have grown from around 179 million in 2013 to over 490 million in the U.S.
However, to label a product “organic” means following strict manufacturing requirements, documenting a supply chain of ingredients, and substituting many staple ingredients for organic solutions.
Organic Dough Improvement
One area that’s difficult to make work organically is dough conditioners and improvers. The backbone of high-speed bread production, these ingredients help with dough machinability, expansion, volume, softness, taste and much more.
However, new innovations are making it possible for bakers to deliver the same quality of bread products to their customers.
Lesaffre North America’s portfolio of dough conditioning systems offers organic solutions for dough improvement in a variety of bakery applications, including baguettes, bagels, pizza crusts, mixes, frozen dough, par-baked, no-time doughs, retarded doughs, white breads, wheat breads, buns, and more.
Here are a few products and applications to help you get creative with your organic baking:
- About: A clean label dough conditioner ensuring that extensibility, emulsification, and oxidation are retained.
- Advantages: Formula optimization tailored to specific applications, delivers an ideal eating experience, contributes to a clean label.
- Applications: Bread, Muffins, Pizza Crust, and Rolls.
- About: A deactivated yeast produced from a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, used to provide flavor and relaxing activity in doughs.
- Advantages: Reduces mixing time and dough elasticity, increases dough extensibility and adds fermentation flavor to dough.
- Applications: Bread, Baguettes, Fresh, Chilled, or Frozen Dough, Laminated Dough, Pizza Crust, Rolls, and Crackers.
- About: A dough improver that improves dough tolerance and enhances the volume of finished goods.
- Advantages: Improves dough tolerance and enhances volume of finished products.
- Applications: Baguettes, Bagels, Buns, Frozen Dough, Mixes, No-time Dough, Pan Bread, Par Baked, Pizza Crust, Retarded Dough, and Rolls.
- About: An organic certified bread improver that improves the crumb softness and volume while extending the shelf life of the finished baked product.
- Advantages: Improves softness, provides shelf-life and extends volume.
- Applications: Sweet Bread & Rolls, Baguettes, Buns, Pan Bread, Rolls, White Bread, and Wheat Bread.
What products are you making organic? We can help you find dough solutions! Learn more here.