Sales and Marketing Representative
BAKERpedia is focused on our vision to be the fundamental and scientific resource in the global baking industry. We are a nurturing environment which allows us to trailblaze, provide value and achieve profitability by focusing on our long-term vision while having fun. We are committed to providing an open and honest workplace that is a safe place to have the autonomy to excel. We are competitive but humble, and we are working towards creating efficient systems to reach our goals. BAKERpedia’s mission is to serve all commercial and wholesale bakers around the world.
This position plays a key role in creating and developing opportunities for new business by generating qualified leads for BAKERpedia. In addition to lead generation and business development, the Sales and Marketing Representative is responsible for closing on proposals and updating the CRM database with information gathered with every prospect contact. Lead development responsibilities require significant tele-prospecting in a business to business environment and use of internet/internal database resources to identify and profile new customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create new ideas for the content and sales teams with a focus on increasing sales.
- Create and cultivate a community of marketing professionals who are interested in the digital field.
- Cultivate a new client base for the sales team through networking, cold calling, concisely written emails, and referral business.
- Responsibilities are to contact medium sized businesses and present products and services such as: sponsorship packages and Academy opportunities.
- Develop and nurture relationships with prospective customers to understand business needs, and keeping in touch with them to create a ‘warm lead’ funnel.
- Update our database based on each contact in order to provide visibility to market development opportunities.
- Provide market feedback to the management team to optimize positioning of offerings.
- Responsible for renewing sponsorships.
- Cross reference various trade publications to further develop the sales and marketing database.
- Research potential new prospects using the Internet.
- Develop and communicate ongoing improvements to the process of prospecting for and qualifying leads.
- Be responsible for social media for the sales team.
- Assist with putting together trade show logistics and registration.
- Assist as needed on various marketing projects.
- Must be able to sell year-long sponsorship packages that target brand awareness, website optimization, and new product launch support, etc.
- Online media sales experience at a publisher or Media site highly desired.
- Min. 35 hrs per week.
- Must be savvy with social media platforms like Linked In, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Traveling and networking at events.
- Strong and articulate telephone personality and the ability to create rapport.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, business-to-business phone communication skills (e.g., telemarketing, telesales, etc.).
- Must be self-motivated and able to self-manage personal time/tasks.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and presentation skills are a must.
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through the development of long-term strategic relationships
- Experience within a sales organization that produces and exceeds their goals consistently. Such experience within a startup environment is highly desired.
- Travel to attend trade shows to prospect new customers.
- Must be proficient in word documents and spreadsheets.
- Must be open to using new platforms like Slack, Pipedrive, and Proposify.
- An individual who is focused on monthly/yearly goals and has a “whatever it takes” attitude towards exceeding those goals.
- Base salary competitive with experience, plus commissions / incentives
- Internet and cell phone allowance
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid holiday / PTO program
- 1 week paid vacation
- Entertainment allowance upon approval
Send all inquiries to Joanna Evoniuk at [email protected]