Fluctuating temperatures, humidity and bacterial counts have always been the highest risks for quality and hygiene in the production of baked goods. But there is a way to control these factors to improve your product and process with this bakery system.
The ARTISAN 4.0 system by the Artisan Management Group (AMG) is a group of smart and clean equipment. Intelligent processes and real-time interconnection ensure the stability of the respectively desired atmospheric climatic conditions during the process to solve problems with your baked goods production. The system includes:
- Aerosol humidification in proofing processes instead of steam
- CO2 monitoring to avoid mold growth and for uniform proofing and baking results
- Dual-phase adiabatic cooling of baked goods
- Air-conditioning units that both hygienically humidify and hygienically dehumidify
- Combined intake air and exhaust air hood systems for ovens, fat fryers, sinks and any kind of closed system
- Controlled thawing of frozen products for further processing
- Controlled atmosphere in every step of the production chain to meet clean-room requirements
Every production operation is unique, so there is no one-size-fits-all solution. The ARTISAN 4.0 system takes into account the entire production, relative to the building structure, to determine why the end product turns out the way it does, and how it can be improved.
What are the benefits of this bakery system?
- Significantly less energy consumption and lower carbon footprint
- No condensation, controlled hygienic risks
- Optimal heat conductivity
- Reduced baking time and cooling time
- No or less mass loss after baking (during cooling)
- Less raw material input
- Longer freshness keeping, longer shelf life
- Increased crispness, taste and flavor
- Consistent and premium level qualities of baked goods
How big is the system?
It is tailor-made and individually configured with patented hardware and software for an optimal conditioned atmosphere that’s been developed over decades. Upon request, AMG creates a MasterKonzept that is hygienically controlled by HVAC-systems with active humidification and dehumidification components, which are monitored and traceable sensor-controlled.
What size of production site is this technology best suited for?
From small bakeries to large industrial bakeries with 24/7 automated lines. Basically, the higher the production throughput, the higher the benefits and savings in terms of production time, energy, production space, raw material input and more—compared to a conventional bakery system.
An increase in production brings numerous challenges as small, basic mistakes are suddenly scaled up to where they become unmanageable. This needs to be recognized quickly and compensated with knowhow and sustainable, innovative technologies. ARTISAN 4.0 scales up automated industrial processes under expanding conditions.
What the ARTISAN 4.0 does for your bakery
It helps provide consistent premium quality products, energy savings and overall hygienic safety. It builds on the essential relationship between the water activity of a dough/baked product and the relative humidity in the ambient air. Along the process chain, it takes into account influencing factors.
In addition to the already above average hygienic situation, the systems boast a prophylactic, decontaminating protection of surfaces in food production plants for employees (and, down the line, consumers) and thus against the spread of molds, bacteria and viruses (for instance, related strains of the current Coronavirus).
Why to Avoid Mass Loss During Cooling
ARTISAN 4.0 helps produce consistent premium quality, irrespective of the season (weather), time of day or geography. Meanwhile, it establishes economically and ecologically sustainable, optimized processes and products.
To learn more about its many advantages and climate impact, download the brochure:
Enter your information below to receive your free download about ARTISAN 4.0 from AMG. BAKERpedia and AMG will use this information to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*).